Ultimate Gaming Network
April 19, 2024, 10:43:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Links Chat Credits Login Register  

Communication between staff (mods, admins, staff) and members...

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Communication between staff (mods, admins, staff) and members...  (Read 195 times)
Outcast
Members

« on: August 06, 2009, 11:11:10 pm »

...Severely lacks in my opinion! I mean, lets take Ants for example, as a regular member he was quite talkative but now since he was a moderator, he hasn't talked much since! More communication between the staff and members would go well!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Martin
Community Moderators

Coding Manager

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 11:14:46 pm »

What are you talking about? We communicate as much as we can with the members!

Eg:
http://ultimategamingforums.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,205.0.html

If that isn't communication, I don't know what is..
Report Spam   Logged
Giony
Community Managers

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 11:17:09 pm »

Ants has posted since he became a mod? But yeah, some staff members lack communication skills in my opinion and this needs to be addressed.
Report Spam   Logged
The Guy
Community Managers

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 11:21:10 pm »

You guys have to understand that pure mods do more than us staff or Administrators, the mods (from what I have gathered) do a hell of a lot of moderation on the forum, dealing with idiot posts and etc. Administrators rarely get into the moderation business and the same goes for staff so we have more time to talk with the members, etc.
Report Spam   Logged
Kill Crazy
Community Moderators

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 11:22:32 pm »

You guys have to understand that pure mods do more than us staff or Administrators, the mods (from what I have gathered) do a hell of a lot of moderation on the forum, dealing with idiot posts and etc. Administrators rarely get into the moderation business and the same goes for staff so we have more time to talk with the members, etc.
I agree with this!
Report Spam   Logged
blitzkrieg02000
Newbies

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 11:25:15 pm »

Ants has posted since he became a mod? But yeah, some staff members lack communication skills in my opinion and this needs to be addressed.
Yeah, I somewhat agree.

I respect your argument, but even some of the Admins don't communicate effectively with the member base. For example, you PM them asking for support, and they never reply.
Report Spam   Logged
Solidous Snake
The Sony Union

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 11:28:19 pm »

I respect your argument, but even some of the Admins don't communicate effectively with the member base. For example, you PM them asking for support, and they never reply.
Another problem that needs to be addressed! Staff are supposed to HELP the users with their problems, nor SHUT them down.
Report Spam   Logged
Matt-H
Community Managers

Founder

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2009, 11:39:24 pm »

About the PMing for assistance.. I reply to every single one of my PM's when I get the chance! I don't know what the other staff have been sending back or who has been "shutting" you down by not replying to your PM's but if you do believe that a staff member has been breaking the rules you can PM me about it and provide sufficient proof and I'll deal with it if I deem necessary. But I am also aware that some of you members have been PMing abusive comments to some of the staff, if I find out who you are you will be instantly perma-banned! If you owe up, I'll let you off with a verbal warning and that'll be it.

Show some bloody respect. Being a staff member on this forum isn't the easiest job in the world and please do understand (as The Guy has already stated) the moderators do most of the cleaning work around the forum and thus, do not have as much time to communicate with the rest of the members on the forum.
Report Spam   Logged

OG_For_Life
Community Moderators

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2009, 11:42:18 pm »

Another problem that needs to be addressed! Staff are supposed to HELP the users with their problems, nor SHUT them down.
It's "NOT" not "NOR", nub. I bet you are one of the ones sending abusive comments to the staff just because you don't get what you want. In fact, I am pretty sure you have sent me one somewhere.. I'll take a print screen.

Edit:
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 11:48:25 pm by OG_For_Life » Report Spam   Logged
Solidous Snake
The Sony Union

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2009, 11:50:12 pm »

WTF? I never sent that to you, lier.. Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
OG_For_Life
Community Moderators

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2009, 11:51:47 pm »

I just screen shot proof that you did, so take a look at your self hypocrite before you call me a lier.
Report Spam   Logged
M. Jagel
Community Managers

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2009, 11:55:43 pm »

OG_For_Life:
Next time, just PM me the proof.

Solidous Snake:
I thought you would know better than that! I am assuming that you sent that abusive PM to Martin as well? Anyway, I'm banning you for 7 days. Grow up would you.

(my first moderation duty is banning someone, hows that for luck...)

Anyway, everyone, stay on topic from now on or else this topic gets the lock.
Report Spam   Logged
Adiemus
Members

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2009, 11:59:23 pm »

[Edited]

Reason: Direct flaming towards another user.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 12:01:29 am by JeffU » Report Spam   Logged
JeffU
-TCC-
Community Managers

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2009, 12:00:51 am »

Enough of the flaming!

LOCKED!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: